Conducer Hub Contest #0
Join in on the first songwriting competition hosted by Conducer Hub, a community for conlangers who use vocal synthesis programs!
The themes for this contest are:
Deadline is 2019-12-01 00:00 UTC
- Anyone can participate! You don’t need to be a member of Conducer Hub, although you are encouraged to join through this link.
- Upload a video featuring your song by the deadline and send me a link to it to
- You may choose one of the themes above.
- Original songs only, no covers.
- Your song must have vocals produced with a vocal synthesis program (such as Vocaloid, UTAU, SynthV or DeepVocal). Multiple vocalists are allowed.
- The lyrics must be in a documented conlang. No relexes, no cyphers, no gibberish. You do not have to use your own conlang.
- Videos must be no longer than 5 minutes long.
- You may work in a group for this contest. Be sure to give proper credit to all members of your team.
- Please include the following in the video description:
- The theme you chose
- The name of the language used and a link to its documentation (if it’s not really famous)
- The vocalist(s) used in the song
- Proper credits for the work
- Link to full lyrics with IPA, gloss and English translation
- Mention that the video is an entry to this contest
- Works will be judged based on their quality and impressiveness.
- Judging will happen starting on 2019-12-03 00:00 UTC.
- If you’d like to become a judge for this contest, contact me through the means mentioned earlier.
- Judges may not participate in the contest, but they may submit non-scoring entries, which will be shown in a separate section. Anyone else can also choose to make their entry non-scoring, though there probably isn’t any point in doing so.
Do we have to use some specific formatting for the gloss, or is something like this okay?
Nızfıs ca mı pı lopı ıθelas alace.
Nizwis ka mi ri luri ithelas alake.
[nidziʃ ka me re lor_iθləs edʒə]
priest <prox.dem.pron.NOM> <pers.pron.1SG> <for,to> drink <fruit.GEN> <give.PERF.PAST>
That priest had given me a fruity drink.
If we have multiple conlangs (I don’t), can we use multiple conlangs in our songs?
List of submissions
Will be available shortly after the deadline.